To keep using trial software after it has expired, you need to subscribe and activate it, you cannot extend the trial period. Trial versions follow the same activation process as software downloaded immediately after purchase. For short-term needs, you can purchase a monthly subscription and turn off automatic renewal to limit the length of the paid subscription. See Cancel subscription renewal in Autodesk Account.
Collections: Trial periods are separate for each product in a collection. When you launch the first product, the trial period begins only for that product. Each product in the collection can have a different trial period.
How to activate a subscription after a trial
- Launch your trial software and click the Subscribe Now button.
- Completing the purchase varies depending on the product and your geographic region.
- If the Autodesk Store opens, you'll need to enter your Autodesk ID (the email address and password combination you used to sign in to your trial) when prompted.
- In some cases, you need to buy the software through a reseller.
- After the subscription purchase is complete, you may be able to sign in and use the software right away.
For some products, you'll receive an email from Autodesk verifying your purchase that includes your serial number. If this is the case, follow the instructions in the next section.
How to update your license
Some products require you to update your license when you convert a trial to a subscription.
- Open the software.
- From the Sign In menu, select Manage Licenses.
- Click Change license type.
- On the Change License Type screen, select Change.
- Restart the software. The "Let's Get Started" screen displays.
- Click Finish to begin using the software. If you're using a network license, you may need to contact your administrator (Contract Manager) for permission. If you're not sure what type of license you have, see Find license information.
If your trial has expired and you can't open that version, click Already have a license? in the Trial ended notification. The License Manager opens and you can start the process above to update your license.